Pursuant to Article 7 of the Rules on Reimbursement for Attendance of Croatian Course in the Republic of Croatia by Croats living outside the Republic of Croatia (Class 016-04/12-03/01, No. 537-12-01) of May 23, 2012
REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
STATE OFFICE FOR CROATS ABROAD
is issuing the following
to attend the Croatian language course in the academic year 2012/13
The State Office for Croats Abroad grants to the members of Croatian nationality with the residence outside the Republic of Croatia the scholarship for the Croatian language course up to two semesters. Accommodation at a subsidized price in a student dormitory shall be provided for candidates up to 30 years old.
The lectures are held at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Zagreb University by the following timetable:
- winter semester (from October, 1, 2012 to February, 1, 2013)
- summer semester (from March, 4, 2013 to June, 14, 2013)
The applicants shall submit the following documents:
- an application form
- a photocopy of the passport (of a valid travel document)
- proof of Croatian origin in writing (any official document showing the status of the candidate, or one of his parents or ancestors, in this regard)
- a brief CV
The selected candidates - members of Croatian nationality who do not have Croatian citizenship (foreign citizens) shall be obliged to obtain temporary residence in advance.
Foreign citizens, who are not required to have a visa for entry into the Republic of Croatia may submit their temporary stay application at a police administration or a police station based on the place of their intended stay in the Republic of Croatia.
Foreign citizens, who are required to have a visa for entry into the Republic of Croatia may submit their temporary stay application at the respective diplomatic mission or consular office of the Republic of Croatia.
Within the application, a foreign citizen shall submit:
- a colour photo, size 35 × 45 mm,
- a photocopy of the passport (of a valid travel document),
- proof of health insurance (for instance, European Health Insurance Card, an adequate confirmation of foreign health insurance or some other proof provided by the social security agreement, or travel insurance, respectively),
- proof of sufficient funds to support oneself
- a certificate of no criminal record issued by the state of the foreign national's citizenship or permanent residence (not older than 6 months),
- an official letter issued by the State Office for Croats Abroad
Please note that a foreign citizen who has been granted temporary residence is obliged to register it at a police administration within 3 days upon the entry into the Republic of Croatia.
The State Office for Croats Abroad shall cover only tuition fees, whereas the attendants shall be responsible for their health insurance expenses and other financial obligations.
This Public invitation shall enter into effect as of the date of its publication on the website of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (www.mvep.hr).
Applications shall be accepted until July 31, 2012. Any applications sent after this deadline shall not be considered.
The applications (solely on the completed form with the necessary documents enclosed) are to be sent to the following address:
Dr¾avni ured za Hrvate izvan Republike Hrvatske
Trg Nikole ©ubiæa Zrinskog 7-8, 10 000 Zagreb
- or by fax to: (+385) 1 4896 332, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be obtained on the telephone number (+385) 1 4896-316, 4896-320.